Some useful tools for Business Analyst (BA), particularly those who work for Web & IOS/Android App projects.
1. Balsamiq: (Price: A Single User License – $89)
One of the most common tools that supports BAs to sketch mockups with built-in templates and controls. However, some might not know their mockupstogo page.
- Google Material Design
- iOS It’s a shame that only iOS7 Controls are available 😐
- You can also find ones for SalesForce, Sharepoint, etc here
2. Framer Studio: (Price: $129/ years)
Framer is a tool that facilitates the process of making prototypes, particularly for iOS/ Android apps. It’s expensive though… 😀 Good news is you can also do that with Framer.js providing that you are willing to spend time on learning their coding convention & how it works.
- Recommended site: Prototyping With Framer
3. pttrns: What a memorized abbreviation! 😐
Those mobile design patterns will be useful for Business Analyst who previously worked on Web/ Desktop Software projects and now they want to move on to iOS/ Android Development. It gives you the hint whether you mockup is doable for developers. You’ll never know how aggressive they are until you show them a prototype which looks gorgeous, but actually unrealistic lol
4. Others: Maybe it helps… I don’t know 😀 It works like a charm for me. Android developers “embrace” such sites for sure! You should ask them for more lol
- Material Design Library
- Material Design Official
- jfeinstein10 (Library)
- Material Design Doc
- Material Animations
Just realize my lack of knowledge about iOS patterns. Any favorites site of yours that you want to share? It would be truly appreciated! Thanks in advance, folks 😀